Monday, February 23, 2015

Farm House Dreaming

It's cold and brisk. A day of reflection. This Monday morning has been full of wanderings and dreaming. The list of things to do is long and daunting, but I am currently unable to find the motivation . A day of pandering with my littles is essential . 
(pinterest)
This is the beginning on a long journey for my family. The decision to move to the country to have our own place for peace and tranquility comes at a time in life when connections matter most. I long to feel connected to the nature around me. I want to be able to let my kids play and roam. I have finally accepted that my life will be a quiet one. I no longer feel the need to have a handful of people around that do not enrich my life. 
I also have been able to accept that somethings just need to be simple. I realized while looking at older homes that I will need to make priorities in what will make it to the new home. I feels so good to purge the excess. I wonder sometimes what was I thinking. Shopping out of boredom is futile. I think about all the better things I could have done with my time. 
My priorities have shifted. I no longer need have the newest things. I realized I was obsessing with the things I saw others sharing. Comparison is one of those things we do not realizing that each life is separate. I am trying to be happy with me and my life and comparison didn't help me. The truth of each life can be shared in pictures.  We are all real and every real moment will never be captured. 
I have gotten back to my original pastime loves of painting and sketching. It brings me joy and a sense of tranquility.

(hgtv)
 I am looking forward to this journey for my family and I. If the weather holds we will be looking at several properties over the next several weeks and listing our home as well. So many adventures to document. 


"you live until you are alive"

No comments:

Post a Comment